Create and Use Slide Templates in ActivePresenter 8
In the previous articles, you’ve learned how to create and use themes and object templates. ActivePresenter 8 now supports slide templates (also templates). This feature comes in handy to let you make use of ready-made slide layouts and contents. Moreover, you can even share slides with your friends in a matter of clicks. So, let’s learn more about how to create and use slide templates in ActivePresenter 8 now.
Overview of Slide Templates
Basically, a slide template consists of the contents of all slides in a project such as objects, audio, video, animations, events – actions, you name it. With the help of Slide Templates, you can keep and reuse everything that you’ve added to your project. Sounds interesting?
In regard to slide templates, ActivePresenter allows you to:
Keep reading to learn how to do each of these.
Create Slide Templates
Save Projects as Slide Templates
In ActivePresenter 8, creating slide templates is just a breeze. First of all, create your own project normally. Alternatively, if you have any created project, you can also convert it into a slide template. Do as below guiding to save a project as a slide template:
Step 1: Open a project.
Step 2: Perform one of the following:
- Press CTRL+S.
- Click ActivePresenter > Save or Save As….
Then, select ActivePresenter Slide Template (*.apslide) in the Save as type list.
Step 3: Navigate to the location where you want to save the file and click Save.
Normally, your file can be saved in (C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\ActivePresenter Templates (for Windows) or /Users/<user_name>/Documents/ActivePresenter Templates (for macOS)).
By this way, your slide template will appear in the Custom Themes in Start Page and Import from Slide Template dialog. For example, if you saved a slide template called “Health Care”, it’s shown in the Custom Themes like the below picture:
Note: In case you save the project in other folders on your computer, just copy the file and paste it into the ActivePresenter Templates folder. Thanks to that, the app shows the file in these two locations.
Edit Slide Templates
After saving projects as slide templates, it is possible to edit them. Do any of the following:
- Click the ActivePresenter button > Open Project > Select a .apslide file from your file system.
- In the Start Page > Open > Select a .apslide file from your file system.
- In the Custom section > right-click slide template > Edit This Template.
- Click the template > Select Edit This Template in the Preview dialog.
Then, you can edit the slide template as you do with a normal project.
Use Slide Templates
In general, there are two ways to reuse slides in a slide template. First, create a new project based on that slide template. Second, insert slides from it into the working project. We will learn how to use both of these ways right now.
Create Projects from Slide Templates
Let’s say you want to create a new project based on the “Health Care” slide template. Check out these steps below:
Step 1: In the Start Page > Templates > Custom > click the Health Care template thumbnail. Then, the Preview dialog appears like this.
As can be seen, you can:
- Create a templated-based project. ActivePresenter offers you four options: Blank Project, Record Video, Record Software Simulation, and Responsive Project.
- Edit or Delete the template.
- See slides in the selected slide template. To do that, click Previous or Next .
- See other slide templates. To do that, click Previous Item or Next Item .
Step 2: Click one of the four options above to create a new project. For example, if you click Blank Project, the app then brings you to the editor, and this is what you get.
From here, you can edit your project the same way as you normally do.
Insert Slides from Slide Templates
Instead of creating projects from slide templates, now, you can insert slides from a slide template into the current project. Here’s how:
Step 1: Select the location you want to add a new slide.
Step 2: Do either of the following:
- In the Home tab > New Slide > Slides from Template….
- In the Insert tab > New Slide > Slides from Template….
Then, the Import Slides from Template window appears as below:
This window offers some options as described below:
- Click the Template drop-down button (1) to see all available slide templates. Select any of them, and all slides in a slide template are shown in the Slides box (2).
- Click the Zoom button to zoom in/out slides in the Slides box.
- Click Select All or Deselect All to select/deselect all of the slides.
Step 3: Double-click a slide or select one slide > Insert Slide. Then, the selected slide is displayed at your desired position.
Note: ActivePresenter selects all slides by default. But you can choose any slides you want.
Share Slide Templates
With ActivePresenter 8, after creating slide templates, you can share them with others in minutes. To do that, just send the .apslide files to your friends. Make sure to save those slide templates in the ActivePresenter Templates folder so they can be shown in the app.
Now, you’ve learnt how to create and use slide templates in ActivePresenter 8. Try to do these tasks with the techniques above. Don’t forget to follow our Twitter, Tutorial page, and YouTube channel for getting new information.