Given quick assessment and the ability to provide immediate feedback, a multiple choice quiz can be a simple and favored approach to gauge learners’ knowledge.
A Multiple Choice quiz consists of numerous multiple choice questions. Each question has two parts: a stem that identifies the question or problem, and a list of possible answer options. There is only one correct answer among them; the other possibilities are considered distractors.
Now let’s learn how to make a Multiple Choice quiz by creating Multiple Choice questions step by step with ActivePresenter 9. First, click the button below to download and install the latest version of Activepresenter:
After that, launch the application and open a new project.
A Guide on How to Make a Multiple Choice Quiz
To make a Multiple Choice Quiz, you need to create multiple Multiple Choice questions. So, in this section, you will learn how to add and customize a Multiple Choice question first.
Add a Multiple Choice Question to a Quiz
Customize a Multiple Choice Question
- Complement with Shapes, Images, Videos, or Audio
- Add and Style Text
- Set Correct Answer and Style Radio Button
- Resize and Rearrange the Question Position
- Set Score and Reporting
- Modify Feedback Layers
- Set Events – Actions
Add a Multiple Choice Quiz
In ActivePresenter 9, Multiple Choice is the second question type you can see in the Questions tab. To insert a Multiple Choice question, do either of the following:
- In the Questions tab > Multiple Choice
- In the Home tab > Interactions > Multiple Choice
Then, a new Multiple Choice Question slide including the top text box (1), answer area(2), and submit button (3) is inserted into your project as in the image below:
Customize a Multiple Choice Quiz
1. Complement with Shapes, Images, Videos, or Audio
If you want to add a background image to this question, navigate to the Properties pane of the question slide, in the Background Image section, select the option to import the image like below:
Besides, you can freely add resources such as shapes, images, videos, audio tracks, and more to your question by accessing the Insert tab, or simply dragging and dropping them from your computer to Canvas.
Note: Don’t use too high-resolution images much larger than your slide size because this can cause slow loading.
2. Add and Style Text
You can customize a Multiple Choice Question the same way as other question types in ActivePresenter. In detail, you can:
- Add question title: You type the question title into the top text box. Then, style the text by accessing the Home tab’s Font section or the inline text editor popping up.
- Edit/Add text to answer options: You’re free to add or edit the text. To do that, click the default text, then enter your own.
- Insert more answer options: Simply select the answer area (2) and click the plus button.
- Delete answer options: Select one or more answer options and press DELETE on your keyboard. Alternatively, right-click an answer option and select Delete.
3. Set Correct Answer and Style Radio Buttons
- Set correct answer: Double-click the radio button corresponding to the correct answer option to denote that it is the right answer. Or, right-click the radio button and select Set As Correct.
- Style buttons: To style the radio buttons in the answer area or the Submit button, you can navigate to the Format tab and select the radio style you like or customize it as you wish.
Note: After selecting the correct answer, you can hide the radio buttons by selecting Show Toggle Button. Then, freely customize the answer area as you wish.
4. Resize and Rearrange the Question Position
- Resize the question title (1) and the answer area (2): You can resize these sections by selecting them and dragging the resizing handles. Or choose them, then go to the Properties pane > Size & Properties tab > Transform to adjust or type the value in the Width and Height combo box.
- Change the container layout: By default, a Multiple Choice question is set up in a Grid container layout. Access the Properties pane > Size & Properties tab > Container Layout to change the question container layout. In this section, ActivePresenter 9 offers you three options: None, Flex, or Grid. Select the layout mode that you want. Then, you can customize its properties.
- Rearrange the question position: On the Canvas, drag the question to a new position. Or, specify the values in the Transform section in the Size & Properties tab of its Properties pane.
Note: After customizing the question, right-click the answer area and select Set as Default Multiple Choice Question if you want to reuse it. By doing this way, the next time when you insert a new Multiple Choice question, this default question will appear.
5. Set Score and Reporting
To set a score and report for a Multiple Choice question, select the answer area of the question. Then, go to the Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Score & Reporting.
This section provides a lot of helpful options to:
(4) measure learners’ performance (select the Graded mode) or collect learners’ feedback or information (select the Survey mode);
(5) track learners’ results;
(6) mix up answer options when the question is presented to learners;
(7) set points for correct answers;
(8) set the maximum number of attempts that learners can interact with the question;
(9) set a time limit that only allows learners to respond to the question in the given period.
For more details, see How to Create Interactive Quizzes.
6. Modify Feedback Layers
ActivePresenter 9 automatically adds default feedback layers for Multiple Choice questions. These default feedback layers can be Correct Feedback, Incorrect Feedback, Try Again Feedback, Incomplete Feedback, and Timeout Feedback (for the Graded mode) or Complete Feedback, Incomplete Feedback, and Timeout Feedback (for the Survey mode). Note that you can delete, change, or add more if necessary. To open feedback layers in ActivePresenter 9, in the View tab, click Feedback Master.
7. Set Events – Actions
ActivePresenter 9 offers default events and actions for Multiple Choice questions. Generally, a Multiple Choice question has four default events for the Graded mode (On Correct, On Incorrect, On Incomplete, and On Timeout) and three for the Survey mode (On Complete, On Incomplete, and On Timeout).
If you’ve selected the Graded mode, here is what you’ll see:
You can remove, change, or make events and actions for Multiple Choice questions more advanced as you wish. To do that, first, select the answer area. Then, access the Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Events – Actions.
Create a Multiple Choice Quiz
After creating a Multiple Choice Question, you can make use of it to create other questions to build a quiz. To reuse a Multiple Choice question, you right-click the answer area and select Set as Default Multiple Choice Question. By doing this, whenever you add a new Multiple Choice question to the current project, the question you’ve set as default will show up. You are then free to make any changes you like to the questions.
So, you’ve learned how to create a Multiple Choice quiz in ActivePresenter 9. Follow our Facebook page and YouTube channel for more helpful information on creating 12 other question types in ActivePresenter 9.
You may also like: