How to Create Sequence Questions in ActivePresenter 9
Sequence question is one of the thirteen question types in ActivePresenter 9. This question requires you to rearrange items into the right order. In this tutorial, you will learn more about it.
Take a look at the example below. It gives you 4 letters, then you have to arrange them into a word to answer the question by performing drag-and-drop actions.
Besides, you can use this question to test learners on a procedure or a process.
This tutorial will show you how to create a Sequence question through 6 stages:
- Insert a Sequence Question
- Customize a Sequence Question
- Set Correct Answer
- Set Score and Reporting
- Add Events – Actions
- Customize Feedback Layers
Let’s start right now!
Insert a Sequence Question
To insert a Sequence question, do either of the following:
- Open the Questions tab > Sequence.
- Open the Home tab > Interactions > Sequence.
Then, you will see a new question slide inserted into your project as in the below image:
As you can see, it has three parts:
- (1) the top text box to add the question title;
- (2) the answer area with five default answer labels;
- (3) and the Submit button.
Customize a Sequence Question
Below are properties of a Sequences question that you can customize:
- Change the container layout: Select the answer area > Properties pane > Size & Properties tab > Container Layout > select one of three options:
- None: This option allows you to resize and reposition answer options freely.
- Flex: This layout arranges answer options horizontally or vertically in a flex container.
- Grid: This option is selected by default. It arranges answer options in the grid pattern.
- Resize the question title (1) and the answer area (2): Drag their resizing handles, or change the Width and Height values in the Transform section (Properties pane > Size & Properties tab).
- Insert more answer labels: Select the answer area (2) and click the plus button:
- Delete answer labels: Select answer labels and press DELETE on your keyboard, or right-click one answer label > Delete.
- Edit answer labels: Select the answer area > Format tab > select one built-in style from the Quick Styles section, or use tools in the Style Tools tab.
- Edit/ Add text to answer labels: Click the default text to enter a new one.
- Add images to answer labels: Click an answer label > Properties pane > Style & Effects tab > Fill > Image Fill. Then, click the button (4) to select an image from the current project, or click the button (5) to import an image from your computer. If you want to remove it, simply click the button (6).
Tip: You can save the customized sequence question as default to reuse later. To do that, right-click the answer area > Set as Default Sequence Question. By doing so, the next time when you insert a new Sequence question, this default question will appear.
Set Correct Answer for Sequence Questions
To set the correct answer, drag and drop answer labels in the right order.
In the output, answer labels are mixed up randomly each time learners take the question.
Set Score and Reporting
To set score and reporting for a Sequence question, select the answer area > Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Score & Reporting.
This section provides some question properties that you can customize:
- (7) Mode: Select the Graded mode to measure learners performance. Otherwise, select the Survey mode to collect learners feedback or information.
- (8) Report ID: Track learners’ results. You can rename it to a meaningful name.
- (9) Points: Set points for correct answers.
- (10) Attempts: Set the maximum attempts that learners can interact with the question.
- (11) Timeout: Select this checkbox and enter the time duration into the box to set a time limit to the question.
For more details, see How to Create Interactive Quizzes.
Add Events and Actions
ActivePresenter 9 also offers default events and actions for Sequence questions. Generally, a Sequence question has three default events for the Graded mode (On Correct, On Incorrect, and On Timeout) and two for the Survey mode (On Complete, and On Timeout).
However, you can remove, edit, or add more to make it interactive the way you want. To do that, select the answer area > Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Events – Actions.
To learn more, see Use Events – Actions to Add Interactivity to Courses.
Customize Feedback Layers
Like others, Sequence questions also have feedback layers added by default. These default feedback layers can be Correct Feedback, Incorrect Feedback, Try Again Feedback, Incomplete Feedback, and Timeout Feedback (for the Graded mode) or Complete Feedback, Incomplete Feedback, and Timeout Feedback (for the Survey mode). However, note you can delete, change, or add more if necessary.
See Use Feedback Layers to get more details.
Now, you’ve learnt how to create and work with Sequence questions in ActivePresenter 9. Download the app right now and start creating fun interactive quizzes.
Visit the following links if you want to know more about how to work with other types of questions in ActivePresenter 9: