(Last Updated On: February 13, 2020)
You are designing an eLearning course? You are finding the way to create a question, which allows learners to choose many correct answers, in the fastest and the most efficient way? Simply, a Multiple Response question in ActivePresenter 7 is all your need. In this today tutorial, let’s learn how to work with this question type!
Overview of Multiple Response QuestionsBasically, a Multiple Response question is similar to a Multiple Choice question. Both contain multiple answer options. However, if a Multiple Choice question has the only one correct answer, a Multiple Response question has more than one.
A Multiple Response Question created in ActivePresenter 7Let’s take an example! You want to ask learners to find out the benefits of strawberries. In fact, strawberries has many benefits to our health, therefore, this question has more than one correct answer. In this case, creating a Multiple Response question is a wise choice.
Create Multiple Response QuestionsHere is the technique to create Multiple Response questions in ActivePresenter.
Insert a Multiple Response QuestionTo insert a Multiple Response question into your project , do either:
- In the Interactions tab > Multiple Response .
- In the Home tab > Interactions > Multiple Response.
As you can see, a Multiple Response question slide in ActivePresenter has three parts: the top text box (1), the answer area (2), and the submit button (4). The top text box is where you can add the question title. The answer area allows you to create and edit answer options. By default, a Multiple Response question has four answer options. However, you can add more by simply clicking the green circle button (3). Note: To change the tab order value, first select the question. Then, access the Properties pane > Interactivity > General. For next steps, see Using Tab Order.
Customize a Multiple Response QuestionDepending on your needs, you can perform one or more of the following to customize a Multiple Response question:
- Add more answer options: Select the answer area (2) and click the green circle button (3).
- Delete answer options: Select one or more answer options and press DELETE on your keyboard. Alternatively, right-click one answer option and select Delete.
- Edit/ Add text to answer options: Firstly, click the default text to open the inline text editor. Then, simply enter text.
- Resize the question: Select the whole question and drag the resizing handles. Otherwise, access the Properties pane > Size & Properties > Transform > adjust or type values in the boxes (Left, Top, Width, Height, and Rotation).After resizing the question, if you love to restore the original size, just right-click the question and select Reset Placeholder.
- Change question layout: At first, select the answer area. Then, go to the Properties pane > Size & Properties > Group Layout. You will see that the Grid mode is always selected by default. With this mode, you can change the layout by customizing its properties such as Number of Column, Horizontal Spacing, Vertical Spacing, and other Advanced Settings. However, if you select the None mode, these properties are faded and cannot be adjusted. The reason for that is the None mode allows you to freely change the size and position of any answer option just by dragging it. See Group Layout of Questions for more details.
- Edit check boxes: Each answer option of Multiple Response question comes with a check box. Freely format it by selecting the answer area then accessing the Format tab. See Working with Check Boxes and Radio Buttons for more details.