Saola Animate 3.0.0 (2021.02.02)
- Improved UI on high-DPI displays.
- Export content to video (MP4, WebM, MKV).
- Preset effects and text animations.
- Tools for drawing and editing freeform shapes.
- Line drawing animation.
- Morphing animation.
- Elements can show across multiple scenes.
- Support embedding HTML folders or packages into HTML widgets.
- Image elements support img tags and inline SVG images.
- Custom line dashes, line join types, line cap types for shapes and freeforms.
- Resize multiple selected elements on Canvas proportionally.
- Scale multiple selected animation segments on Timeline proportionally.
- Search elements and animations in Timeline and Elements pane.
- Copy/paste/delete elements in Timeline.
- Ignore mouse and touch events on non-painted areas of elements.
- Option to fit a symbol to its content.
- Class names for scenes.
- Keyframes for changing element text content.
- Allow converting built-in shapes to freeforms for editing.
- Allow creating keyframes automatically within a predefined time range.
- Preview a project in only one browser tab.
- Copy/paste SVG paths from vector graphic editors as freeforms.
- Copy/paste and drag/drop images from other applications.
- Create motion path animations from shape paths of elements on Canvas.
- Create freeform shapes from motion path animations.
- Lots of other minor improvements.
Saola Animate 2.7.1 (2019.09.18)
- [HTML5]: Elements don't show in the correct z-orders in some cases on Firefox browser.
- [HTML5]: Cannot show content embedded in a HTML Widget in fullscreen mode.
- [HTML5]: Media may be muted on iOS devices though the user has interacted with the page before.
- [HTML5]: Video doesn't play inline on iPhones.
- Timeline preview: Completed media playback animations start again when resuming the timeline.
Saola Animate 2.7.0 (2019.07.05)
- Allow changing the resource of an audio or video element.
- Update Event Handlers window when element selection changed.
- Rearrange event types in Event Handlers window.
- Elements with event handlers defined now have a highlighted icon.
- Cannot import SVG images on macOS.
- Cannot open packages (.saolapack) which their file names have dot (.) characters.
- Resources have case-insensitive identical names with the project filename are deleted when previewing the project.
- HTML5: Swipe events do not work on Windows touch devices.
- HTML5: Document is not focused automatically to receive keyboard events.
- HTML5: Completed media playback animations start again when resuming the timeline.
- HTML5: Element.hasClass function does not work.
- Media target object is selected incorrectly when adding a new media action.
Saola Animate 2.6.0 (2019.03.27)
- Initial release for macOS.
- Save and restore column/grid mode of scene thumbnails.
- Update "Remove Text Override" button style.
- Busy updating scene thumbnail size in some cases.
- Shadow color of an element is incorrect if the element has other filter effects.
- Some other minor bugs fixed.
Saola Animate 2.5.0 (2019.01.22)
- 3D transformation for elements.
- Drop shadow effect for elements.
- Filer effects for elements, such as grayscale, blur...
- Clipping effects for elements: rectangle, circle or oval clipping.
- Element alignments support flexible layout.
- Browser compatibility warnings for features which some browsers don't support.
- Russian language.
- Split Properties pane into multiple tabs.
- Add more element grouping features: add to group, remove from group, layout group.
- Improve auto-keyframe mode.
- Improve Google font window.
- Motion Path can work well with elements that have a flexible layout.
- Allow changing z-orders and groups of elements in Timeline and Elements pane by mouse dragging.
- Allow collapsing groups in Timeline.
- Custom CSS now takes effect right inside the editor.
- Crash error when selecting Close All from the right-click menu of any project tab.
- Copying/pasting animations of multiple elements at once may not work correctly.
- Some popup windows and menus are cut off on multi-monitor machines.
- Some other minor bugs fixed.
Saola Animate 2.0.3 (2018.08.22)
- Cannot load Google fonts.
Saola Animate 2.0.2 (2018.06.26)
- Missing DLL issue on some Windows 7 computers.
- Google fonts and embeded system fonts don't work correctly with symbols.
- Cannot select freeform shapes in a group on Canvas.
- Alignment tools don't work correctly if elements aren't positioned relatively to the top-left of their parents.
- Breakpoints pane isn't updated when switching to the symbol editing mode.
Saola Animate 2.0.1 (2018.05.31)
- Issue when copying element animations between projects.
- "Socket operation timed out" error on some computers (Sign-in, Activation, Loading Google fonts,...).
Saola Animate 2.0.0 (2018.05.15)
- Responsive design.
- Google fonts.
- System fonts: allow using and embedding fonts installed on the user machine.
- Freeform shapes.
- Add autofit option which scales the HTML5 output automatically to fit its container.
- Add auto unit for width/height property which helps keeping element aspect ratio.
- Allow editing HTML and CSS templates for the HTML5 output.
- Add class name property for elements.
- Support perpetual license model (along with current subscription model).
- Improve Event Action editor.
- Event actions can be copied/pasted.
- HTML Widget can display imported HTML and SVG files.
- Allow customizing HTML5 output resource location.
- Allow restoring image and video elements to their original sizes.
Saola Animate 1.1.0 (2017.09.05)
- Startup issue on certain Windows 7 machines.
Saola Animate 1.0.3 (2017.08.22)
- Cannot sign in when password has some special characters.
Saola Animate 1.0.2 (2017.08.10)
- Timeline: Objects with event handlers defined now have highlighted icon.
- Canvas: Allow canvas reload.
- Menu and some pop-up panels don't work when the app is maximized and taskbar is autohide.
- Keyboard shortcut customization doesn't work.
- HTML5: Infinite loop when loading unsupported audio/video resources.
Saola Animate 1.0.1 (2017.07.11)
- Add a Youtube channel for Saola Animate tutorials.
- Add some command line switches to specify backend rendering engine when Saola Animate doesn't render properly:
- Default: Dynamic, no switch.
- Use DirectX 9+: -directx
- Use OpenGL: -opengl
- Use Software OpenGL: -software
- Cannot open user manual from within Saola Animate if it's running on any locale other than English.
Saola Animate 1.0 (2017.06.30)
Initial release for Windows 7 and above.